Thursday, October 20, 2016 @ 7 PM
Tavares Civic Center
Chief of Police, City of Clermont, FL
Candidate for Lake County Sheriff
About Chuck... Here are a few reasons Charles "Chuck" Broadway is uniquely prepared to lead and committed to serve with a vision for progress in community safety and law enforcement:
- A 20-year veteran of law enforcement, Chuck began his career with the New York City Police Department, where he was appointed a Detective. Subsequent to the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001, he responded to Ground Zero and assisted with the search and recovery efforts.
- In 2002, he relocated to Florida to be closer to his family, and worked for the Gainesville Police Department where he also served as a Detective.
- In 2004, Chuck continued to advance in his career in Law Enforcement and was hired by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement as a Special Agent where he investigated multi jurisdictional violent crimes, conducted complex narcotic investigations, human trafficking investigations and gang investigations.
- He was promoted to a Special Agent Supervisor, overseeing several investigative functions and state initiatives. He later was chosen to oversee the highly regarded Public Integrity Unit at the agency, which encompassed investigations of alleged misconduct of public officials and all Police Officer involved shootings in the Central Florida region.
- Chuck joined the Clermont Police Department in 2010 as a Captain for the Patrol Division. In July 31, 2012, he was assigned the Interim Chief of Police and was then appointed the Chief of Police on Dec. 11, 2012.
- He is the first ever black Chief of Police for the Clermont Police Department and in all of south lake county.
- Chuck is a member of the Florida Police Chief’s Association, the International Association of Chiefs of Police and the International Police Association. He serves as the Vice President for the West Central Florida Police Chiefs Association and serves on the Legislative Committee for the Florida Police Chiefs Association.
- He also sits on the University of Central Florida- South Lake Community Advisory Council and the Florida League of Cities, Law Enforcement Advisory Panel.
- Chuck has been married to his wife Dana for over 20 years and they have four children together. They are active members of Real Life Church in Clermont, Florida